Yahoo! hosts high quality stock data than can be downloaded in .csv files for daily, weekly, and monthly time periods for specified start and end dates (see here for an example). If you want to download data for a basket of stocks, S&P 500 stocks for instance, you have to enter the symbol and download data for each stock. This is clearly not practical, especially if you need to update daily data at the end of each trading day. Tradery.com has a free piece of software that automates this process. You can create a text file of symbols or enter a list manually. Then you can specify where you want to store the data files, the frequency of data (daily, weekly, monthly), the date range, and if you are creating new files or updating existing files. The software is intuitive and easy to use.
- Updates for Week of 20120604 wp.me/pZ3O1-bf #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
- Updates for Week of 20120528 wp.me/pZ3O1-bc #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
- Adaptive Asset Allocation bit.ly/K9VP96 #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
- Updates for Week of 20120521 wp.me/pZ3O1-b9 #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
- Updates for Week of 20120514 wp.me/pZ3O1-b6 #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
TagsArtificialIntelligence1 ArtificialIntelligence1TrendFollowing asset_allocation automated_trading books BWX C CL Collective2 crude oil CT cybernetics data DBA DBC Ed_Thorp EFA emini_msci_emi emini_russell2000 emini_sp500 ER ES eurodollars GLD gold hedge_fund IEF IJR IWM KC LB MGC mini_crude_oil mini_gold mini_soybeans modelling my_trading_system narrow_ai natural gas natural_gas NG OJ PA performance_update peter_brandt portfolio probabilistic_programming QM quants RB RJ RJI RR RWX SCZ SHY SI silver SLV SM software soybeans SPY TLT To trend-following-with-ranking trend_following UDN UUP VNQ VWO W XK YG ZN