There was an interesting article yesterday on Seeking Alpha about the perils of choosing a broad commodities index, a topic I covered yesterday. The author, Indexuniverse.com, rightly ridicules the S&P GSCI index due to its severe over weighting of oil products. Additionally, the author cites the problem that the index has in rolling over futures contracts which leads to tracking errors in markets that are in contango. This is an issue that I did not address, although I was aware of it. However, it is interesting to note that the author points out that DBC does a relatively good job of handling rollover issues. As I mentioned yesterday, tracking commodities is not straightforward.
- Updates for Week of 20120604 wp.me/pZ3O1-bf #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
- Updates for Week of 20120528 wp.me/pZ3O1-bc #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
- Adaptive Asset Allocation bit.ly/K9VP96 #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
- Updates for Week of 20120521 wp.me/pZ3O1-b9 #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
- Updates for Week of 20120514 wp.me/pZ3O1-b6 #trading #trendfollowing 5 years ago
TagsArtificialIntelligence1 ArtificialIntelligence1TrendFollowing asset_allocation automated_trading books BWX C CL Collective2 crude oil CT cybernetics data DBA DBC Ed_Thorp EFA emini_msci_emi emini_russell2000 emini_sp500 ER ES eurodollars GLD gold hedge_fund IEF IJR IWM KC LB MGC mini_crude_oil mini_gold mini_soybeans modelling my_trading_system narrow_ai natural gas natural_gas NG OJ PA performance_update peter_brandt portfolio probabilistic_programming QM quants RB RJ RJI RR RWX SCZ SHY SI silver SLV SM software soybeans SPY TLT To trend-following-with-ranking trend_following UDN UUP VNQ VWO W XK YG ZN